Anyone migrating from lotus to cyrus

Ramprasad A Padmanabhan ramprasad at netcore.co.in
Fri Aug 1 04:24:55 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 12:28, Joakim Ryden wrote:

> En viss Ramprasad A Padmanabhan skrev:
> [...]
> > Great to hear that you too are using Mail::IMAPClient. Just a question
> > When I used the migrate function to migrate the folders ( from a WU-imap
> > server to a cyrus server ) I found that My script would sometimes just
> > hang. This would happen whenever the mails included some spechial
> > charachters and '\0' chars
> > So I did the laborius way of getting the mail list and copying all mails
> > one by one and timing out if a mail took too long. This way I also got
> > rid of the bug that would set an incorrect date on the destination
> > server. The date problem occurred only for Outlook Express clients.
> > BTW I am using Mail::IMAPClient ver 2.2.7
> >
> > Now When I am trying to migrate from a lotus server I am having more
> > problems of mails timing out
> > Besides there is an excellent pascal script for IMAP copy at
> > http://home.arcor.de/armin.diehl/imapcopy/imapcopy.html
> > But that too does not copy all mails
> >
> > I was looking if there was a utlility that could directly read the
> > ".nsf" files from a lotus server and convert to mails in cyrus
> >
> > Did you not face these problems at all, Can you just me mail me your
> > script If you dont mind.
>
> Check out this tool:
>
> http://www.jplanglois.com/products/imapcp/
>
> I have used it for Exchange, cyrus, courier and whole bunch of other IMAP
> migrations. It has never given me any problems at all.
>
> --Jo

But this does not work for lotus notes server 5.0.8

Strangely enough when I configure my outlook express client It is able
to fetch the mails. So If the lotus server were not standards compliant
then how does it work with outlook express

Ram

NETCORE SOLUTIONS *** Ph: +91 22 5662 8000 Fax: +91 22 5662 8134

MailServ: Email, IM, Proxy, Firewall, Anti-Virus, LDAP
Fleximail: Mail Storage, Management and Relaying
http://netcore.co.in

Emergic Freedom: Linux-based Thin Client-Thick Server Computing
http://www.emergic.com

BlogStreet: Top Blogs, Neighborhoods, Search and Utilities
http://www.blogstreet.com

Rajesh Jain's Weblog on Technology: http://www.emergic.org