Could not complete request over quota errors

John Wade jwade at oakton.edu
Wed Aug 6 19:13:08 EDT 2003

Hi Earl,

Not sure if our messages crossed,  so I repeat some below if I was not clear
before.

The key advantage to my hack is that quota behaviour is the same as normal except
for one key exception,  users can copy to Trash when over quota.    They can not
append or copy to other mailboxes or append to Trash and deliveries to the mailbox
will be deferred, just as with normal quota behavior.

They can maliciously use up an infinite amount of space by copying repeatedly from
other mailboxes to Trash, but they can not use the mailbox normally since no new
mail is delivered until the over quota problem is rectified.    For some people
this may be an acceptable security risk if they use another mechanism to identify
mailboxes significantly overquota (we use a cron script for this.)

Hope this clarifies,

John Wade