sendmail.mc entries [OT: alternative ways of cyrus & sendmail integration]

Andrzej Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl
Mon Aug 4 16:33:10 EDT 2003

Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> -- Marcus Schopen <lists at localguru.de> is rumored to have mumbled on
> Montag, 4. August 2003 19:18 Uhr +0200 regarding Re: sendmail.mc entries:
>> [...]
>> What's the best way?
>
> I don't believe that there is one. Start simple. Get the basics working
> first, add other stuff later.

I have published three other ways of integrating cyrus and sendmail instead of
replacing local mailer
define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrusv2')

* http://www.polbox.com/a/anfi/sendmail/localNalias.html
Cyrus Aliases
It allows to use user at CYRUS redirections in virtusertable, aliases and
.forward file e.g. I use the following ~anfi/.forward :
anfi at CYRUS

* http://www.polbox.com/a/anfi/sendmail/localtab.html
Local Table

* http://www.polbox.com/a/anfi/sendmail/rtcyrus.html
Real Time Cyrus Integration [requires sendmail patch]
It allows sendmail to check presence of cyrus mailbox in real time, sendmail
rejects message to non existing cyrus mailboxes in reply to "RCPT TO:"

--
Andrzej [pl>en: Andrew] Adam Filip http://www.polbox.com/a/anfi/
anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl [former: anfi at Box43.pl]