qmail integration

Simone Marzona smarzona at dimi.uniud.it
Sun Aug 3 13:44:27 EDT 2003

Hi all

I'm newbie in mail servers and I can't get cyrus imap work with my qmail
installation.
I use SuSE Linux 8.0, I've installed qmail+amavis+clamd+rblsmtp+vpop3d and
cyrus:

localhost> version
name       : Cyrus
version    : v2.0.16
vendor     : Project Cyrus
support-url: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
os         : Linux
os-version : 2.4.18-4GB
environment: Cyrus SASL 1.5.27
             Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.0.14: (November 18, 2001)
             OpenSSL 0.9.6c [engine] 21 dec 2001

The questions is:

can I make cyrus work with qmail?

I made an alias in /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-cyrus-$user
and in /home/cyrus I made a .qmail-default that is
cat .qmail-default
|preline -f /home/cyrus/qmail-deliver -u "$EXT" -a "$USER" "$USER"

my user can't get mail I send to him. I find them in his pop3 account
but not in the imap's one. This means that qmail correctly delivers
utente's mails but I can't find them through the imap service.

I added the user user in cyrus manually with cyradm and with
mozilla-mail I can login, but I can't get mail.. (I can also create
folders... ), infact:

localhost> listmailbox
user.user        user.user.Trash  user.user.foo

Where I'm blocked?

many thanks

Simone Marzona