Problems with Outlook Express and cyrus.

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed Aug 6 16:56:59 EDT 2003

Since you haven't mentioned which version of Cyrus IMAP or SASL, I'm
going to assume IMAP v2.x and SASL v2.x.  The pwcheck authentication
method is deprecated in SASLv2.  Unless you're authenticating against
some home grown backend database, you should be using:

sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd

and run:

saslauthd -a shadow

Scott Dexter wrote:
> Sorry, I'm currently using pwcheck to auth for exim, so that or
> /etc/shadow would do the job.
>
> Scott
>
> On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 12:25, Ken Murchison wrote:
>
>>It is definitely a SASL issue.  You need to tell us how you plan to do
>>plaintext authentication (sasldb2, PAM, /etc/shadow, MySQL, etc).
>>

>>Scott Dexter wrote:
>>

>>>Could this possibly be a SASL issue (either in the way it was compiled
>>>or configured).

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127