mbxcvt and self signed certificates

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Thu Aug 7 03:28:59 EDT 2003

Hi,

--On Donnerstag, 7. August 2003 2:43 Uhr -0400 Matt Henkel
<guildencrantz at menagerie.cc> wrote:

>  so I decided to get and compile mbxcvt.

mbxcvt is old. You should get current source and compile mailutil instead.

>  The only problem (so far)
> with this is that it is choking when it sees my self signed certificate:
>
> [guildencrantz at ophelia mbxcvt]$ ./mbxcvt ~guildencrantz/mail/amazon imap
> '{localhost/user=guildencrantz}'amazon
> Mailbox /home/guildencrantz/mail/amazon is in unix format and has 39
> message(s).
> %rsh to IMAP server timed out
> [Trying IP address [127.0.0.1]]
> ?Certificate failure for localhost: self signed certificate:
> /C=US/ST=Massachusetts/L=Boston/O=Menagerie Enterprises/OU=Mail
> Team/CN=menagerie.cc/Email=postmaster at menagerie.cc
> ?Can't create mailbox {localhost/user=guildencrantz}amazon
> [guildencrantz at ophelia mbxcvt]$
>
> Does anybody have any suggestions for me?

This is standard c-client behavior. You need to add /novalidate-cert/norsh
(the latter to get rid of the "rsh to IMAP server timed out" message) to
the options.

Greetings, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK