Cyrus over NFS with _one_ instance

Patrick Morris pmorris at wilshire.com
Tue Aug 12 16:38:40 EDT 2003

For what it's worth, I have a configuration that works this way with a
NetApp.  We've got a content switch in front of the two servers that
does automatic failover if the primary box goes down, and so far it's
worked flawlessly.

I turned off all the database checkpointing and pruning on the secondary
box in /etc/cyrus.conf, and gave it a slightly lower-priority MX record,
but otherwise the two boxes are identical.

I'm almost reluctant to recommend this to anyone else, though, given the
big ol' warning in the FAQ regarding Cyrus and NFS.  All I can say is it
works for me; YMMV.