creating users

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Mon Aug 11 20:43:48 EDT 2003

Am Montag, 11. August 2003 23:50 schrieb Norman Zhang:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a little confused on the process of creating users. First I "su cyrus"
> then I typed the following commands,
>
> > cyradm localhost
> > cm user.joebob
> > quit
> > exit (back as root)
> > saslpasswd joebob
>
> Now does joebob require an account on my Linux box?

That depends on how you configured SASL! If you use PAM with SASL yes
otherwise you should not need to.

> Also if the email
> address for joebob is joe.bob at domain.com, do I use postfix alias mapping to
> pass mail to joebob?

Just another solution which should work.

 To allow users' to change password on their own do I
> need web-cyradm?

Also depends on how you configured SASL. Its mainly a question of where you
store your user accounts. If e.g. using auxprop mysql you could easily use a
squirrelmail plugin which knows how to update your database. But that really
depends on your setup!

--Christian