Creating cyrus users and mail domains with Horde/IMP

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Thu Aug 14 00:05:44 EDT 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Norris Ward wrote:

> Hi all,
>             I have successfully installed Cyrus for RedHat 7.3 via the rpms.
> I am able to connect and create a user using the cm <username> function.
> How do I add the realm name for use with horde or, is this not necessary.
> Below is my servers.php conf section for horde/imp:
>
> $servers['cyrus'] = array(
>     'name' => 'Cyrus IMAP Server',
>     'server' => 'localhost,
>     'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
>     'port' => 143,
>     'folders' => 'WHAT DO I PUT HERE?',
>     'namespace' => 'INBOX.',
>     'maildomain' => ‘MY DOMAIN NAME?’,
>     'realm' => ‘WHAT IS MY REALM?',
>     'preferred' => 'true'

Here's what I use:

$servers['test'] = array(
    'name' => 'Test',
    'server' => 'mail1.onid.oregonstate.edu',
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => '',
    'namespace' => 'INBOX.',
    'maildomain' => 'test.onid.oregonstate.edu',
    'realm' => 'test.onid.oregonstate.edu',
    'preferred' => ''
);

The realm is not important if you are only hosting one domain in Horde.
If you have more than one in your server list (we have 7 or 8), you use
the realm to keep the users separate in the preferences storage of Horde.
Like someone else said, this is pretty well documented in
imp/config/servers.php, but if you wanted a working example, see above.

	Andy