Postfix-cyrus-postgresql-web-cyradm

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Fri Aug 22 16:25:59 EDT 2003

First off,
paste in your config files. (imapd.conf, /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd)
that way we can better see what is going on..
A "it doesn't work" doesn't allow anyone to easily help.
And also this issue has arisen many times before and searching the
archives could also lead to answers.. Search both the info-cyrus AND
cyrus-sasl mailing lists. As this is a sasl issue..

The "no worthy mechs found" means that either sasl couldn't find any of
the "mechanisms" in the /usr/lib/sasl2 directory, OR (most likely in
this case) that cyradm is trying to use a higher authentication method
(digest-md5) and your server only has plain (as you are using saslauthd
you will only have plain available)
try running cyradm like this
cyradm --auth plain --user cyrus localhost

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Home Page <http://urkle.drip.ws/>