Postfix-cyrus-postgresql-web-cyradm

Patrick Nelson pnelson at neatech.com
Fri Aug 22 17:47:23 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 12:46, Patrick Nelson wrote:
> So I decided to just test that I could get cyrus working under my
> production ldap setup.  So I copied my:
>
> /etc/cyrus.conf
> /etc/imapd.conf
> /etc/saslauthd.conf
> /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd
>
> over to said system making changes to localize them.  Then I stopped and
> started cyrus-imapd and saslauthd:
>
> service saslauthd restart
> service cyrus-imapd restart
>
> Then I tested the connection with cyradm:
>
> cyradm --user cyrus localhost
> localhost.localdomain>quit
>
> So this is the starting point, it works in a standard way.  Now I have
> to get it working with pam_pgsql...  Anyone want to jump in as I try and
> solve this, please feel free.

So I was looking at all the config files and while looking at:

/etc/pam_pgsql.conf

database=mail
host=localhost
user=mail
password=secret
table=accountuser
user_column=username
pwd_column=password
pw_type=md5

So for SAG I changed:

pw_type=clear

And also changed this in the database...

Then the test:

cyradm --user cyrus --auth login localhost

which worked now and my logs:

If I change it back to md5 and restart saslauthd it fails.  So I would
guess that something in the md5 storage in the db.  This is the script
that produces the md5:

>#!/usr/bin/perl
>use Digest::MD5 qw(md5_hex);
>print md5_hex("$ARGV[0]"), "\n";