Avoiding the creation of public mailboxes

Robert Paix Robert.Paix at encad.de
Mon Aug 25 12:02:45 EDT 2003

Hello,

may I have a simple question, but I didn't find anything about it on the
web, so:

Is there a possibility to forbid the creation of public mailboxes by normal
users per imap ?

Background:

In my enterprise, MS Outlook is widely used and if you don't care (and I
know, our users don't care), you make a new folder not inside your
mailbox-structure (e.g. user.rpx.inbox) but as public mailbox.

Because this feature should only be used, if mailboxes with special ACL's
are recommended by our boss, I nedd to avoid the 'automatically' creation of
them.

Have anyone an idea ?

Thx,

Robert Paix