Problem rebuilding deleted mailbox directories with reconstruct from 2.1.15

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Fri Aug 29 16:24:38 EDT 2003

Rob Siemborski wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Michael Sims wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the quick response and the explanation.  Do you think it
>> will be a problem if I continue to use the reconstruct binary from
>> 2.1.14 until the bug is fixed, or should I revert my entire
>> installation to 2.1.14? Thanks...
>
> If you're feeling adventurous, you can try this patch:

https://bugzilla.andrew.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/cyrus/imap/reconstruc
t.c.diff?r1=1.78&r2=1.79

I just did a quick test and it appears to work fine.  In fact, this version
is better than the one in 2.1.14, since it doesn't even require that I
recreate the directory first.  The 2.1.14 binary would give me "System I/O
error No such file or directory" if the directory didn't actually exist, but
this one creates both the directory and the metadata, which is much nicer
IMHO.

Thanks for all your help on this.  I just want to to say that I appreciate
the work that you guys do on Cyrus IMAP, it's really a great program.
Thanks again...

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors
Office: (901)758-5648  Pager: (901)769-3722