Mail filtering using procmail are there other alternatives?

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Fri Aug 29 19:29:17 EDT 2003

Our mail server currently uses the sendmail MTA and cyrus-imap. Sendmail
passes mail for local delivery to /var/imap/socket/lmtp

I need to be able to filter mail. Is there a way to patch procmail into
the process to use it to filter mail?

Are there any other means to use filtering with cyrus-imap? The server
doesn't have user accounts. How could I facilitate filters that individual
users could manage, such as a vacation message?

Thanks,
Adi