High Availability Email

Lee lee_hoffman at brown.edu
Sat Aug 30 16:16:23 EDT 2003

Gary,
We use multiple two-box mailstore clusters running cyrus, drbd, and
linux-ha to store the actual mail. On top of this we have loadbalancers
running a set of ldap boxes for authentication, and perdition to
loadbalance the frontend mail connections.

DRBD + Heartbeat (linux-ha) for the backend mail store boxes has worked
for over a year for us, but If you have the cash I recommend using
two-box redundantly shared fibrechannel SANs instead ... a lot more
expensive, but less wonky.