High Availability Email

pheonix1t pheonix1t at houston.rr.com
Sat Aug 30 20:28:25 EDT 2003

Gary C. New wrote:
> I am gearing up to migrate our systems to a high availability email
> topology and was wondering what the current solutions are to provide
> such an architecture?
>
> I need a solution that synchronizes/mirrors/replicates user mail stores
> across several physical servers for redundency.
>
> Some of my research has pointed me to Cyrus Murder and the MUPDATE
> protocol, but it sounds like even in this type of configuration the
> back-end server would still be a single point of failure.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Gary

I'm curious to see what the more experienced members have to say.  I was
also wondering what are the datastore limits for cyrus?  The standard
version of exchange has 16GB, the enterprise goes beyond that.
I've only seen VERY large datastores on IBM's Lotus Notes setup.
Does anyone know what the datastore limits are for something like dbmail?

Thanks,

Oskar