createmailbox: System I/O error

Jay Drake outoftheashes at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 13:57:50 EST 2003

It now seems as though things are running and I am trying to create mailbox
for my initial users. My current imapd.conf is:

configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus jdrake
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
allowplaintext: 1

and I have managed to get into cyradm with the following at the command
line:

cyradm --user myusername --server mail.myrealdomain.com --auth plain

(which then prompts me for my password.)

Having authenticated in this way, I then issue the command:

cm user.myusername

and receive:

createmailbox: System I/O error

This does not appear to put anything into my auth.log or imapd.log and I a
at a complete loss as for what I should do to fix this... :/

TIA,

Jay Drake
outoftheashes at hotmail.com