Upgrade path fom 2.1.4 rpm to 2.1.12 tarball?

Jeff Bert soilentg at sgwebspace.com
Sat Apr 5 03:18:05 EST 2003

Are there any pitfalls with upgrading from 2.1.4 to 2.1.12?

Well my case is more special than that... I was using 2.1.4 from Luca
Olivetti's rpm's for Mandrake and plan to use the source tarballs direct
from carnegie mellon...

The one thing I see that might be non-standard is that Luca had some patches
to cyrus-imapd that I have no clue if they're included or not.  Namely he
had:

2.0.5-mandir.patch
2.0.9-cflags.patch
2.0.12-deliverman.patch
2.0.12-cyradm_man_sec.patch
2.1.3-service-path.patch

And I see in 2.1.12 he has

Mdk9.0perl-patch (not applicable to me)
Logident.patch

I wasn't using anything special from that setup except unixhierarchsep.

Thx,

Jeff