Concerned WAS RE: recovering from mailbox.db corruption cyrus 2_2

Thiago Lima thiagolima at webforce.com.br
Mon Apr 7 14:17:06 EDT 2003

	I'm a little new to Cyrus IMAP, and I'm trying to improve my
skills in it.

	Now with that thread I became a little afraid. I'm going to use
cyrus as a backend pop3/imap server for thousands of users, and I cannot
affort that the db file could get corrupted and can't be recovered.

	In the cyrus website we see that "The private mailbox database
design gives the server large advantages in efficiency, scalability, and
administratability. Multiple concurrent read/write connections to the
same mailbox are permitted. The server supports access control lists on
mailboxes and storage quotas on mailbox hierarchies" but I couldn't find
docs about how this format really is.

	I would feel more confortable if I knew how things work inside
cyrus, and in case of any trouble what I will have to do.

	There's any good documentation about this? Maybe the IMAP book
from ORA?

thanks
Thiago lima.