(Sieve) fileinto with variable name?

Alexander Skwar lists.ASkwar at email-server.info
Wed Apr 9 02:59:13 EDT 2003

Hello!

On a server of mine running CMU Sieve 2.2 from cyrus 2.1.11, I'd like to
file messages from mailinglists into folders depending on the name of
the list (or rather: depending on parts of headers from the mail).

For example, Mailman mailinglists all have a header like this:

Now I'd like to file messages from this list to a folder
"INBOX/MLs/LISTNAME", since "listname" is the localpar in the
X-BeenThere header.

If I subscribe to another list, which has

I'd like to file it to "INBOX/MLs/ANOTHER-LIST".

The good thing about this is, that it's rather easy to keep the number
of instructions down to a somewhat small list and still keep everything
nice and orderly ;)

With procmail, that's (somewhat) easy.

Is it possible to do something like this with Sieve?  If so, I'd be
thankful for an example.

Cheers,

Alexander Skwar
--
die_if_kernel("Penguin instruction from Penguin mode??!?!", regs);
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc/kernel/traps.c