email virus protection

Sergey Mukhin info-cyrus at sm.msk.ru
Wed Apr 9 09:05:03 EDT 2003

K> To: Wayne Dawson <jongalt at pinn.net>, info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
K> Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:10:22 +0400

>> Hello all,
>> is there a consensus on what products and/or methods are the best to
>> protect against email viruses, at the server level?

K> drweb - http://www.sald.com

Or AVP -- http://www.avp.ru/

For me AVP looks a bit better than drweb at least for
unified format of databases ( drweb sometimes makes you
install its new version for getting up-to-date
database ).

It's commercial soft; however trial key allows to
detect viruses ( but not to cure ).

[sniff]

    Sergey Mukhin                       |
    Head of Internet department         |    http://sm.msk.ru/
    WestCall LTD, Moscow, Russia        |    SM45-RIPE