dm permissions

Phil Chambers P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk
Wed Apr 9 12:26:49 EDT 2003

This is version 2.0.13.

I am very new to cyrus, so am probably missing something simple here.

I have "admins: cyrus" in /etc/imapd.conf and fired up cyradm while logged in as
root with:

  cyradm mercury -u cyrus

giving the passwords in response to the two prompts (Why does it ask for the
password and then for the IMAP password?).

No problem using createmailbox, but I made a mistake and forgot the "user." in front
of one of them.  When I tried

  deletemailbox wrongname

it said "permission denied".

SYSLOG contains two lines which seem to correspond:

 starting txn 2147483802
 aborting txn 2147483802

Can anyone tell me what the problem is please?

Phil.