Fix dates on mail received when system date was wrong

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Apr 11 09:48:13 EDT 2003

Patrick Welche wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 11:10:38AM +0800, Lee Sanders wrote:
> > I can/have write a script to go clean up the date's in the cyrus mail
> > spool files but the IMAP index the clients have still lists the wrong
> > date. I assume this is because the cyrus.cache and cyrus.index (binary
> > files) have some sort of date cache but I don't know enough to mess with
> > these files.
>
> I have never tried it, but I'm under the impression that the "reconstruct"
> command uses the information (which you corrected) in the mail messages to
> recreate cyrus.index etc.

This is correct.  If you fix the message files and then reconstruct the
mailbox, the clients _might_ see the new date.  But since the UID of the
messages won't change, the client might continue to use its own internal
cache instead of refetching the IMAP envelope (which includes the date).

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127