virtual domains question

Tarjei Huse tarjei at nu.no
Fri Apr 11 12:45:22 EDT 2003

fre, 2003-04-11 kl. 14:15 skrev Phil Howard:
> I'm scrounging the doc directory in the 2.2.0-ALPHA release to see
> how things change with virtual domains.  The overview document has
> apparently been updated yet, and things it explains, specifically
> the mailbox namespace, don't account for how fully qualified email
> addresses are mapped.  Specifically w/o virtual domains, a user like
> "tom at example.com" would be "user.tom" in the mailbox namespace.  But
> with virtual domains, how does that get mapped with the dot from the
> domain being in there?  How does the namespace distinguish the user
> "tom at example.com" from "tom at example.net"?  Or is the namespace just
> the same as what is entered on cyradm?

AFAIK:
tom at example.com => example.com/user.tom
tom at domain2.com => domain2/user.tom

Some clippings from the archives that might help:
> Will the new virtual domain support also work for multiple domains
with
the > same ip ?
In short, it relies on users logging in as their
fully qualified user at domain.dom unless they are in
the default domain (designed to handle backwards
compatible logins).

Also, this one is essensial:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=info-cyrus&m=102832479319387&w=2

OK: Would someone volunteer to write up a few questions to the faq on
this?

If you did, I'll update the faq on cyrus-utils to reflect the changes.

Tarjei

--
Tarjei Huse <tarjei at nu.no>
NU