Question about Cyrus, ext3, and Linux kernel 2.4.18 bug

Paul Fleming pfleming at siumed.edu
Fri Apr 11 14:06:31 EDT 2003

I have 4 machines running Cyrus 2.1.x w/ Redhat Linux 7.1 (2.4.18-17.7.x)
using ext3 in data=journal,noatime. The drives are hardware raid 5 w/
95Gb of usuable space. they have been up since Dec 2002 without any
problems.. We sustain about 500 concurrent logins across all machines.

Ext3 has been working fine for us..  The mail spools and sendmail queue
are all on file systems with this configuration.

Paul