deliver -m

Phil Chambers P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 10:56:41 EDT 2003

If you do not know about Exim, please save yourself the bother of reading any
further!

I am using exim-4.14 and want to get a transport to deliver directly into
user folders rather than user inboxes.  Going by the man page for deliver, it seems
to me that I should be able to do this using the following exim transport:

# We get here with $local_part holding the user's username
cyrus-folder:
  driver = pipe
  user = $local_part
  message_prefix =
  message_suffix =
  command = /.../bin/deliver -m special-folder $local_part

It appears that "-m special_part" is being ignored as delivery goes into the inbox,
not "special-folder". I first tried "user = cyrus", but that did not work either.
Can anyone explain how I should be doing this please?

Phil.