reconstruction problem

Geoffrey Makstutis gmak at maad.info
Mon Apr 14 16:12:38 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've got a problem trying to rebuild my mailboxes after a system rebuild.

In order to rebuild our system we had to copy our mail files from our linux
box to a win2000 box. When the linux system was rebuilt (debian woody) we
moved the mailboxes back, set all the user and group ownership back to
cyrus.mail and then ran reconstruct -m followed by reconstruct -r
user.$user. This has rebuilt the mailboxes file, but when a user logs into
the system they are able see all their folders/mailboxes, but the messages
either don't display or they have no visible subject, from, etc. and all
have the date of sometime in 1970.

Where have I gone wrong? (And, yes, I am sure that the first wrong step
involved the windows box :-(   )

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Geoffrey Makstutis Bsc Arch AA Dipl RIBA
<gmak at maad.info>
Makstutis Architecture and Design
Unit 6E
Clapham North Arts Centre