cyrus imap + pam

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Fri Apr 18 09:44:56 EDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 08:13:24PM -0400, Michael Bacon wrote:
> We, however, kept running into problems with saslauthd.  The gssapi
> saslauthd was crashing on us, and the PAM saslauthd module did some things
> that broke the gssapi PAM module we wanted to use.  After a while of
> hacking on it trying to get it to behave, we just wrote pam support back
> into the thing.  I understand that the saslauthd in SASL 2.1.13 has many
> improvements, so this may be dated, but we've had much better luck with the
> direct pam support than we did with  saslauthd.

According to the ChangeLog for cyrus-sasl-2.1.13, a memory/file
descriptor leak had been fixed as of 2003-03-06.  Could the problem you
mention be caused by these bug ?  I am worried because we will need to
use saslauthd + gssapi and are expecting a pretty high load (a few
thousands of connections per hour).  If not, did you pinned down the
cause ?

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
PGP Pub Key: http://www.LinuxQuebec.com/pubkeys/eg.key
Fingerprint: F569 0394 098A FC70 B572  5D20 3129 3D86 8FD5 C853