cyrus imap + pam

Michael Bacon baconm at duke.edu
Sat Apr 19 21:27:06 EDT 2003

I haven't had time to investigate since the beginning of March when that
bug was posted.  The added PAM support is working very well for us, and so
I've been considering it a dead problem.  I'm going to be trying saslauthd
again this summer, I think, but for now, you'll have to investigate it for
yourself.

CMU uses saslauthd+gssapi (I believe) with great success, if I'm not
mistaken, so I believe it may be some sort of toxic circumstance that we
were creating.  Nonetheless, we've found direct PAM support to cure our
ills; it's my belief that direct PAM support is a much sounder design, but
that's apparently not the belief of the cyrus folks.  Oh, well, we're all
entiled... ;)

Michael

--On Friday, April 18, 2003 9:44 AM -0400 Etienne Goyer