Convert cyrus.seen from cyrus 1.6.x to 2.2

Dmitry Alyabyev gw-cyrus at news.kiev.sovam.com
Wed Apr 16 11:37:40 EDT 2003

Hello

I'm trying to convert cyrus.seen files from old 1.6 format to 2.2

I see that current .seen file covers all folders of the user instead of old
format "one cyrus.seen file per folder" but I would like to get converted .seen
file for INBOX only !

So I call:
cvt_cyrusdb /old-spool/cyrus.seen flat /new-spool/username.seen skiplist

but it doesn't help - all messages in the folder are shown as new.

Well, it looks like I should change username (used in old .seen file) to some
hash (used in new .seen file and appeared in cyrus.header). And when I did it
and run cvt_cyrusdb again I see:

. login username password
. OK User logged in
. select INBOX
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen \*)]
* BYE Fatal error: Internal error: assertion failed: seen_db.c: 310: version ==
SEEN_VERSION

Could somebody help me ?

--
Dimitry