sendmail gives error deferred: No such file or directory

Daniel Nilsson dnilsson at sisoft.com
Mon Apr 21 08:20:50 EDT 2003

Neelu Gora wrote:
> I want sendmail with cyrus imapd to run. For this I have configured
> sendmail.cf for lmtp and cyrus mailer. To test when mail is sent then we
> get the following log message
>
> Apr 21 12:33:51 jaguar sendmail-client[12068]: starting daemon (8.12.6):
> queueing at 00:30:00
> Apr 21 12:33:51 jaguar sendmail[12065]: starting daemon (8.12.6):
> SMTP+queueing at 00:30:00
> Apr 21 12:33:51 jaguar sendmail[12070]: h3L6v3ai001025: SYSERR(root):
> makeconnection_ds: unsafe domain socket: No such file or directory
>
> Can anyone tell me where the problem is ??
> Attched to the mail is the linux.mc file from which I have compiled my
> sendmail.cf.

Look near the end of your sendmail.cf file, you find a section something
similar to this:

Mcyrus,         P=[IPC], F=lsDFMnqA@/:|SmXz, E=\r\n,
                 S=EnvFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL, T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                 A=FILE /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp

Make sure that the file that the A=FILE record is pointing to actually
exists on your system, the location might be different depending on
configuration options etc. If the A=FILE record point to a file that
doesn't exists, locate the correct location and edit either the
sendmail.cf file directly or cyrus m4 macro.

--
Daniel Nilsson