cyrus-imapd 2.2 alpha running very well

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Wed Apr 23 13:45:27 EDT 2003

Jev wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just to report, I have been running the 2.2 alpha release for over a
> week and a half now with 6 heavy users across two virtual domains,
> with no trouble what so ever.
>
> I shall be introducing a new domain to this server soon which will add
> another 16 reasonably heavy users to this server soon.
>
> Just another success story... :)
>
> Kind Regards,
> -Jev

I am running 2.2 from cvs nearly 6 months now with about 50
imap-ssl-users using domain-quota-roots and shared folders in several
virt-domains. The clients the users are using mainly are Mozilla Mail,
Squirrelmail and Outlook. SASL is configured to authenticate with
auxprop mysql against a mysql database as well as sendmails' SMTP_AUTH
feature. sendmail is configured to use cyrusv2 as the local mailer
talking to lmtp unix socket and routing is done in virtusertable and
aliases. The only thing which had to be tweaked to make such a setup
possible was sendmail and not cyrus ! Cyrus does it all out from the box
and I havent had any trouble updating from berkeley-db 3.2 to 4.1.25.
The new cyrus_db default configuration done by ./configure even made it
possible to simply copy the mail spool from Solaris 8 x86 to Debian.  I
could access all mailboxes on the debian cyrus  just after un-taring the
Solaris spool and config dir. Everything works great!

--Christian--