cyrus-imapd 2.2 alpha running very well

Carl P. Corliss rabbitt at xaraya.com
Fri Apr 25 23:21:08 EDT 2003

On Friday 25 April 2003 05:19 pm, dimon at intellinetinc.com wrote:
> > try: sam 'Shared Folders/test at intellinetinc.com' group:mailusers read
> >
> > I believe that's the correct format... (could be wrong)
>
> No, still doesn't work :-(

Here's an example of me creating a shared folder for (non-default)
domain tranquillo.net and giving access permissions to the user
rabbitt at tranquillo.net (previously created):

note: below you can see that the user
rabbitt at tranquillo.net already exists:
--------------------------------------
mail.nioka.org> lm *rabbitt at tranquillo.net
user/rabbitt at tranquillo.net (\HasNoChildren)

note: now I create the shared folder called
'shared' for the domain, 'tranquillo.net'
--------------------------------------
mail.nioka.org> cm shared at tranquillo.net

note: now I check it to make sure it's there.
notice how it doesn't say 'user/' in front of
it like the user rabbitt at tranquillo.net does.
This means it's a shared folder - although,
depending on you're settings, it could (although,
I'm not positive) actually show something like
share/shared at tranquillo.net - sidenote: My
sharedprefix is set to 'share' in imapd.conf.
--------------------------------------
mail.nioka.org> lm shared at tranquillo.net
shared at tranquillo.net (\HasNoChildren)

note: now I give permission for rabbitt at tranquillo.net
to read from the shared folder. notice the syntax for a
-non- default domain:
--------------------------------------
mail.nioka.org> sam shared at tranquillo.net rabbitt at tranquillo.net read

note: now I check to make sure that rabbitt at tranquillo.net
has the rights I set for it:
--------------------------------------
mail.nioka.org> lam shared at tranquillo.net
rabbitt at tranquillo.net lrs
anyone lrs

w00t - it worked :)

ok, now specifically regarding your situation where you are using groups, I
haven't really played with that but, I would suspect that it would definitely
-not- work if the users in the group are not of the same domain. However,
according to your example they are.  Considering I haven't used groups in
acl's as of yet, I'll have to bow out of explaining that one :|

Good luck :)

--
Carl P. Corliss
System Administrator / Developer