cyrus-imapd 2.2 alpha running very well

Carl P. Corliss rabbitt at xaraya.com
Fri Apr 25 23:28:51 EDT 2003

On Friday 25 April 2003 04:56 pm, you wrote:
> When I login as cyrus I can setup ACLs with no problems, but when I'm
> logged on as, let's say, user dmitry at intellinetinc.com I have this error:

ok - I forgot to touch on this. First of all, do the users in group:mailusers
have admin access (right: a) on that folder? if they do not you won't be able
to setacl's on the folder. You must first have admin rights to set acl's on a
folder.

To give it to them, you -should- be able to just log in as the main admin user
(usually cyrus) and type:

sam test group:mailusers admin

> localhost> sam 'Shared Folders/test' group:mailusers read
> setaclmailbox: group:mailusers: lrs: Invalid identifier

A possible reason you are getting this error here is because the users in the
group 'mailusers' might be from a different domain than the default one
(which is the domain that the 'test' folder is a part of).

good luck!

--
Carl P. Corliss
System Administrator / Developer