need advise to patch

Andrew I Baznikin dikiy at scn.ru
Thu Apr 24 04:00:56 EDT 2003

Hi!

I need to do some things (it might be strange for someone :).

1. When new mail arrived thru lmtp:

   - I must authenticate user thru SASL
     (with defined service name - "smtpcheck" for example).
   - if user check is OK, but there is no maildrop for this user,
     create mailbox
   - if user check is NOT OK, delete the mailbox
   - Continue mail processing (append_check?)

2. When user connect to maildrop via POP3 or IMAP, do the same things:

   - authenticate user thru SASL (with some defined service name
     "smtpcheck" for example).
   - if user check is OK, but there is no maildrop for this user,
     create mailbox.
   - if user check is NOT OK, delete the mailbox
   - Continue mail processing (append_check?)

What for? I have build mail system with Cyrus and Postfix as MTA. For authentication purposes I use RADIUS server (it's used to serve the number of other services, such as dial-up). So, I need changes in users (creation, deletion, blocking..) is in RADIUS and sync Cyrus with it.

I will try to write patch by myself (i've done one for Postfix recently - "PAM lookup table", so I can check users thru pam_radius). But I need an advice - in which place better place the patch and which cyrus functions I had better to use.

Thank you.

--
Andrew I Baznikin
http://d.scn.ru