Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO

Michael J Barber - new mbarber at barbersweb.net
Mon Apr 28 16:34:44 EDT 2003

Probably not what you want to hear but.....

The how-to by Andrew Koros (uses postgresql instead of mysql) is the
better of the two major how-to's (at least for me).  It is well written
and explained.  I had to make 2 modifications to my setup to work.  He
references RH7.3 and 8.0.  Use the versions he specifies and it WORKS!
(I did however use postfix 2.0.8).  I am not telling you to be brain
dead but, don't think about what he tells you to do, just read and type.
Look over the finished product at the end and decide if you like how he
did it or just how he did it.

He includes links on how to get everything or tells you how to compile
RPMS from SRPMS or tar.gz.  For me this how-to reached beyond just a
quick setup guide.  It taught me more about linux and the possibilities.

I am just a bit biased, because, I tried both how-to's several times
using what I thought should work and making a change here and there
before I was completely done.  Very frustrating.  Then, deciding to
actually follow directions, was up and running in a few hours.  I used
RH7.3.  I thought it would have the most proven code and would be the
most tested.  If you have not found apt-get from apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org
you should check it out.  It is a great apt-get tool for us RH users.

My 2 cents.

Good luck.

MJB