Debian Postfix backports and SASL2

Markus Welsch markus.welsch at suk.net
Tue Apr 29 07:16:34 EDT 2003

Hi,

> I suspect that re-compiling might be the best idea for my situation.  I'm
> currently looking at this.

Well here we use a script which reads in a short interval the
users/passwords out from a mysql database and creates the SASLv1 file.
With this it doesn't matter if the MySQL server is down once ...

> At the moment, I've turned it off due to problems with it accessing the
> mysql socket - but I think I know a way around that, and shall probably try
> chrooting it again once I've got it to a fully working state.

Well you just need to configure mysql to put the socket in the
/var/spool/postfix directory. Could be a problem though if you run MySQL
also chrooted :-)

Cheers,

Markus