Improve cyrus performance by moving cyrus.* files?

Rob Mueller robm at fastmail.fm
Sat Sep 7 09:05:55 EDT 2002

I've just been trying to think of ways to improve the performance of our
cyrus installation. There's the usual work of putting /var/imap on a high
speed drive, linking /var/imap/procs to a tmpfs filesystem, but I was also
wondering about the cyrus.* files in each spool directory. I gather that
these are mostly only opened for read access as they're only updated when
new email is delivered or copied, but still is there any way to build a
'parallel' set of spool directories on a different partition, with only the
cyrus.* files in this parallel directories? Does anyone think this would
actually be worth it?

Rob