Cyrus Installaion Problems

Schmehl, Paul L pauls at utdallas.edu
Mon Sep 9 18:22:04 EDT 2002

OK.  You have to get the Cyrus process going before you can use imtest
or the other utilities to test it.  I don't know where you  installed
Cyrus, but if it's in the default location from a source install, it
will be in /usr/cyrus/bin/.  If that's where it is, you start it like
this:
/usr/cyrus/bin/master &

The "&" is important.  Otherwise the process will run in the foreground,
and you won't be able to do anything else.  You can set up Cyrus to run
on startup by putting the above line in the /etc/rc.local file.  Make
sure you add the "&" so it will run in the background.

Once you have Cyrus started, then try imtest and see if you can connect
successfully.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Department Coordinator
The University of Texas at Dallas