imapd, sasl, imtest connection refused

Kimberly Triplett ktriplett at riteaid.com
Fri Sep 13 14:58:22 EDT 2002

I have gotten past a lot of the issues I was facing.  I am now running the
imtest and getting the following error message:

/usr/local/bin/imtest -m login newpopmail

S: * OK newpopmail Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.9-Invoca-RPM-2.1.9-1 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS LISTEXT
LIST-SUBSCRIBED ANNOTATEMORE X-NETSCAPE
S: C01 OK Completed
Please enter your password:
C: L01 LOGIN cyrus {10}
S: + go ahead
C: <omitted>
S: L01 NO Login failed: generic failure
Authentication failed. generic failure
Security strength factor: 0

The syslog shows the following error:
Sep 13 14:33:38 newpopmail imapd[11490]: cannot connect to saslauthd server:
No such file or directory
Sep 13 14:33:38 newpopmail imapd[11490]: badlogin: newpopmail[10.47.10.35]
plaintext cyrus SASL(-1): generic failure: checkpass failed

Anyone have any suggestions or something to check?
Kim