sieve issues

Brian brianb at sboss.net
Thu Sep 12 15:10:19 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 15:08, Ken Murchison wrote:

> > Sep 12 13:25:51 kudzu cyrus/timsieved[14219]: Remote sent first but mech
> > does not allow it.
>
> What sieve client and SASL mechanism caused this message?

That was when I tried sieveshell eariler and posted my error failure to
the list (I actually tried it twice to make sure I didn't type in the
wrong password for user brianb).  In my imapd.conf, I have the following
sasl options:

sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN
sasl_minimum_layer: 0
#sasl_maximum_layer: 256
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_auto_transition: no

My sieve options in imapd.conf are as follows:

sieveusehomedir: false
sievedir: /var/spool/sieve
tls_sieve_cert_file: disabled
tls_sieve_key_file: disabled
tls_sieve_require_cert: false

imapd(s) and pop3(s) both work fine.  It's just sieve that doesn't like
something about my login methods.

--
Brian