sieve issues

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Fri Sep 13 09:46:18 EDT 2002

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Brian wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 15:46, Ken Murchison wrote:
> > Just for the hell of it, try rebuilding and installing everything in the
> > perl/ directory from the 2.1.9 distro.
> kudzu:/home/brianb/cyrus21-2.1.9# dpkg -i
> libcyrus-imap-perl_2.1.9-1_i386.deb cyrus21-admin_2.1.9-1_all.deb
> cyrus21-dev_2.1.9-1_i386.deb

> unable to connect to server: Authentication Error at /usr/bin/sieveshell
> line 175, <STDIN> line 1.
>
> Still no dice :(

You ARE aware you need perl 5.8 to run the 2.1.9-1 packages, right?  And
that perl 5.8 is unstable and full of bugs?

Anyway, here it works:
khazad-dum:~$ sieveshell --user=hmh localhost
connecting to localhost
Please enter your password:
> list
> quit

So I don't think it is perl 5.8...

If I use the wrong password or user, the error is in <STDIN> line 2.

Are you SURE you have sieve running in the correct port and interface, and
that you don't have it blocked by TCP Wrappers?

  Henrique Holschuh