sieve issues

Brian brianb at sboss.net
Fri Sep 13 14:22:10 EDT 2002

and On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 08:56, Schmehl, Paul L. wrote:

> Ditto - avelsieve 0.6, squirrelmail 2.1.7 and cyrus 2.1.9 with sasl
> 2.1.8.  I didn't make any changes to avelsieve, and it works fine.

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong :)

I did find remnants of a previous, homemade cyrus debian package that'd
I'd whipped up in a hurry (some libimap-cyrus-perl modules in
/usr/local, some binaries I'd placed in /usr/cyrus, etc.) and started
md5sum'ming the remaining cyrus files against the ones on my control
environment (VMWare session).

My scripts work fine once placed where they're supposed to be.  But
avelsieve goes:

NO "Did not specify script data"
Could not set active script on your IMAP server 127.0.0.1

Same thing happens with sieveshell:

kudzu:/var/spool/sieve/b/brianb#  sieveshell --user=brianb
--authname=brianb localhost
connecting to localhost
Please enter your password:
> list
phpscript  <- active script
> get phpscript tempfile
> put tempfile phpscript
upload failed: put script: Did not specify script data

How can this be?  It lets me get the script, it writes it to "tempfile",
it just won't let me put it back.  I do have the syntax right, right?
How do I trace the procedure or enable higher logging?

--
Brian