sieve issues

Brian brianb at sboss.net
Thu Sep 12 16:29:53 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 16:20, Schmehl, Paul L wrote:
> Then that's probably your problem.  Cyrus *requires* that you create the
> directory /usr/lib/sasl2 and symlink /usr/local/lib/sasl2 to it.  (Cf.
> the sysadmin.html file.)
>
> "Quick and Dirty
>
>    cd (directory it was untarred into)
>    ./configure
>    make
>    make install
>    ln -s /usr/local/lib/sasl2 /usr/lib/sasl2"

That's assuming one's install path for sasl2 was /usr/local, is it not?

libsasl2       2.1.2-2
libsasl2-dev   2.1.2-2
libsasl2-diges 2.1.2-2
libsasl2-modul 2.1.2-2
sasl2-bin      2.1.2-2

None of my sasl2 packages were built for or installed in /usr/local, so
I can't see how this is applicable (though newer sasl2 packages are
available, I think I'll install them right quick just for fun).

--
Brian