Cyrus IMAP Presentation

adam at morrison-ind.com adam at morrison-ind.com
Sat Sep 14 22:03:59 EDT 2002

I've created a presentation about Cyrus IMAPd that I will be showing to the
local LUG in a couple of weeks.  I'd appreciate it if some Cyrus masters would
take a look at it and see if I've gotten anything wrong.

ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/Cyrus.pdf

And I have a couple of questions that the docs just didn't seem to fill in:

1. Does Cyrus IMAP has a logo?

2. What is the best way to backup the mail store?  Just tar?  Even while master
is running?

3. When, pragmatically, does someone want to use IMAP IDLE?  I'm a little lost
on that one.

4. SIEVE seems to be poorly documented.  Any link?

5. Are there any benchmarks comparing Cyrus, UW, and Courier?  I know all
benchmark numbers are squishy,  but some types really want to see them.  So far,
since I've switched from UW to Cyrus, Cyrus seems to leave UW in the dust.

6. Is Mulberry the only mail client to support adjusting the ACLs of mailboxes,
etc... (It looks like it does from screenshots I've seen).  If so, are the
protocol extensions required to do this documented?