Cyrus IMAP Presentation

Fabian Fagerholm fabbe at paniq.net
Sun Sep 22 08:06:44 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 03:36, adam at morrison-ind.com wrote:
> Simon Matter wrote:
> >Page 20:
> >Would be nice to add a postfix section:
> >To use lmtp as mail transport, add this to /etc/postfix/main.cf
> >mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp
> >and make sure lmtp is not chrooted (until you want some troubles...)
> >check for this line in /etc/postfix/master.cf
> >lmtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       lmtp
>
> I'll add that, with credits since I've never used postfix.

Nice, but one little nitty-picky detail. The slide says:
    This assumes you are not running services in a change-root
    configuration.

This suggests Postfix as a whole will not run in a chroot. In
Postfix-parlance, a more familiar (and perhaps accurate) way of saying
this would be something like
    This will cause the Postfix lmtp transport not to be run in the
    Postfix chroot environment. It can thus access the Cyrus lmtp
    socket.

It's only the lmtp part of Postfix that will not be run in the chroot,
right?

I'm very impressed with the presentation, btw! Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Fabian