Cyrus IMAP Presentation

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Mon Sep 23 10:49:57 EDT 2002

Mr. Simix wrote:

> Right, I'm using Cyrus-IMAPd->saslauthd->pam->[ldap|shadow|...].

Does it work? How?
I'm not using ldap, but a user of my packages has complained that he had
problems with a similar setup. By searching the list it seems that the
problem is that openldap is compiled aganinst sasl v1, at least under
mandrake. I looked at the redhat packages for openldap and they too use
sasl v1, at least according to rpmfind.net.
I also downloaded your package for cyrus-sasl and the difference between
yours and mine is that you didn't compile saslauthd with internal ldap
support (--with-ldap), and maybe that's the real problem?

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007