Cyrus IMAP Presentation

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue Sep 24 02:56:34 EDT 2002

Simon Matter wrote:

> Most postfix RPM packages I have seen, including my own, let postfix
> have it's own uid and gid (89) and group postdrop (90). In addition to
> the own group they make postfix also a member of group mail.

But redhat doesn't include postfix (last I checked it was available only
in contribs), while in mandrake is the default MTA, and in mandrake's
standard package there's user postfix, group postfix, with no additional
groups.
It's simply a matter to add postfix to group mail or, if you're more
paranoid about security, put the lmpt socket in a separate directory
owned by cyrus and group postfix.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007