Moving cyrus from one machine to another

Su Li sli at rim.net
Mon Sep 16 09:59:23 EDT 2002

Hi Andy,

I saw the discussion and knew that you have solved the problem. What I did
is mirror the disk and put the mirrored disk on the new machine and change
the IP address and host name to the new machine. It looks simple.

But I couldn't login as cyrus in the new machine any more. It seems the
sasl2.db doesn't have a user named cyrus. Is that because I changes IP and
host name? Do you know how to recreate the cyrus user? I tried to remove the
sasl2.db and rerun Cyrus Imap, the system said, failed to locate sasl2.db.
Do you know how to recreate a sasl2.db?

Thanks,

Su