How to determine format of .db files

Amos Gouaux +archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Tue Sep 17 00:41:55 EDT 2002

>>>>> On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 23:31:24 -0500,
>>>>> Amos Gouaux <+archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu> (ag) writes:

ag> Unless your file command is different, mine just says a Berkeley DB

Speaking of which, perhaps some have noticed that Berkeley DB 4.1
was just released.  From the announcement:

 Second, we have made a number of substantial performance improvements
 for multi-processor systems that use Berkeley DB in multi-threaded
 and multi-process applications.  We have made locks finer-grained,
 shortened critical sections and reduced contention for read-only and
 read-write workloads.

--
Amos